The Osage Nation Language Department classes resume this week for the Spring 2012 semester through April 28.
A language class in Edmond starts on Jan. 17 featuring Osage I and Osage II. Class time runs from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
A language class in Pawhuska for Osage elders will be held Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. starting Jan. 19.
Here is the remaining schedule for the Spring 2012 classes:
All Monday classes in Pawhuska start at 6 p.m. and last through 8 p.m. Monday class offerings are:
- Children's class
- Introduction to the Osage orthography and vocabulary
- Beginner II
- Grammar and sentences
Monday classes in Fairfax are:
- Boys and Girls Club (3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.)
- Osage I (5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Osage II (6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
Monday’s class in Hominy is Introduction to Orthography and Vocabulary. Class runs from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
A Lunch With Language class will be held on Tuesdays at noon in Pawhuska.
Tuesday’s classes in Fairfax are:
-Headstart (10 a.m. to 11 a.m.)
- Advanced Osage (5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
Tuesday’s classes in Hominy are :
- Beginner I (6 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Beginner II (7 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Advanced Study (8 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
Wednesday’s Fairfax classes are:
- Elders Osage I (1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Elders Osage II (2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
A Study Group class will be held in Hominy on Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The ON Language Department follows the public school calendar and will not have classes during the week of March 19-23. There will also be no classes during government observed holidays including: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day and Osage Sovereignty Day (March 12).
For more information, contact the ON Language Department at (918) 287-5505.