Health

Wah-Zha-Zhe Health Center releases report on COVID-19 vaccinations

Photo caption: Wah-Zha-Zhe Health Center releases report on COVID-19 vaccinations on Feb. 22. Courtesy Photo/WZZHC

The Wah-Zha-Zhe Health Center reported a total of 1,637 COVID-19 vaccinations were given to a total of 1,111 patients as of Feb. 22. 

That day, the clinic released a graph report on its COVID-19 vaccination efforts in the first two months of its availability through the Osage Nation’s clinic in Pawhuska and at announced vaccination events within the Osage Reservation. The Nation received its initial shipment of the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech in mid-December and is also offering the Moderna vaccine.

Currently, the WZZHC is scheduling appointments for vaccinating Osage and other eligible Native American patients age 18 and older, as well as Osage Nation healthcare employees, ON essential employees including ON governmental essential employees, and Osage Casino employees, according to its Facebook page.

According to the vaccine report, 1,111 WZZHC patients (68%) received their first shot and 526 patients (32%) have received both shots as recommended by both vaccine makers Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech.

According to a breakdown by age groups, 50% of the vaccinated patients are elders age 65 and older, 22.7% are between the ages of 55 and 64, 11.4% are in the age group 54-44, 11.3% are in the age group 43-33, and 4.4% are in the 32-16 age group.

Females account for 56% of vaccinated WZZHC patients and males account for remaining 44%.

On Feb. 23, the WZZHC announced on social media that it is extending COVID-19 vaccine availability to patients age 18 and older.

When the WZZHC received its initial shipments of the COVID-19 vaccine, the WZZHC announced a phased plan to offer the vaccine to separate demographic groups (targeting elders, long-term care patients and essential government employees in the first phase), clinic officials noted the vaccination distribution plan is subject to change depending on distribution shipments and vaccination allocations.

As of Feb. 25, the WZZHC is using the Osage Nation Civic Center to administer COVID-19 vaccines. The address of the ON Civic Center’s address is 1449 W Main Street in Pawhuska. The vaccine will be available to those wishing to receive the vaccine Monday-Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Follow the “Wah-Zha-Zhe Health Center” on Facebook for updates on the COVID-19 vaccinations and other clinic services and information for patients.

Also, the WZZHC COVID-19 vaccination hotline can be reached at (918) 287-0076.