The Seventh Osage Nation Congress continues to consider the 2022 fiscal year budgets for the various departments, programs and entities in the three-branch government while convening for the 2021 Tzi-Zho Session.
After the 24-day session started Sept. 7, the Congressional select and standing committees started holding various meetings to initially consider the budgets by department, program, boards/ commissions and entities under the Nation’s government. The respective Congressional committees that initially considered the budgets by jurisdiction include: Government Operations, Health & Social Services, Commerce, Gaming and Land, Culture, Education, Membership and Congressional Affairs.
On Sept. 17, the respective budgets and budget sections reviewed and amended at the committee level started appearing on second reading of the Osage legislative process. Congressional Second Speaker Jodie Revard made motions for the budgets to be committed to the Congressional Appropriations Committee for further consideration.
The 12-member Congress unanimously approved Revard’s motions for the budget bills and department/ entity sections. As part of the Second Speaker duties, Revard is also the Appropriations Committee chair.
On Sept. 22, the Congress will convene for Day 14 of the Tzi-Zho Session. The following FY 2022 budget bills are filed for consideration and are subject to amendments before Congress approves them:
- ONCA 21-91 (sponsored by Congresswoman Paula Stabler) is an act to provide an appropriation to the three ON Village Committee Funds in the amount of $453,220.
- ONCA 21-92 (Stabler) is an act to provide an appropriation to the Osage Minerals Council in the amount of $1,257,723.
- ONCA 21-93 (Revard) is an act to provide an appropriation to the Legislative Branch in the amount of $2,069,999.
- ONCA 21-95 (Revard) is an act to provide an appropriation to the Executive Branch in the amount of $40,842,292 in non-tribal funds.
- ONCA 21-96 (Revard) is an act to provide an appropriation to ON Tribal Works in the amount of $1,911,282.
- ONCA 21-97 (Revard) is an act to authorize the Nation’s Indirect Cost Departments to expend monies appropriated through the FY 2022 appropriations bills.
- ONCA 21-98 (Revard) is an act to provide an appropriation to the Executive Branch in the amount of $45,479,544 and $5,000,000 in restricted revenue reserved to the Wah-Zha-Zhi Health Center.
- ONCA 21-110 (Revard) is an act to appropriate non-tribal funds to the ON Judicial Branch in the amount of $108,791.
- ONCA 21-111 (Revard) is an act to provide an appropriation to the ON Judicial Branch in the amount of $819,554.
For more Congressional session information and to view filed legislative bills/ resolutions, visit the Legislative Branch website at: https://www.osagenation-nsn.gov/who-we-are/legislative-branch