This opportunity will take the place of the on-site newsroom portion of the 2016-2017 Native American Journalism Fellowship for NAJA student members. NAJA will join SPJ and RTDNA for the 2016 Excellence in Journalism conference in New Orleans Sept. 18-20.
The NAJ Fellowships and student newsroom positions at EIJ News are extremely competitive but serve as hands-on experience for students pursuing careers in journalism and media. Interns will cover the Excellence in Journalism conference using a variety of digital approaches (video, social, audio, photos, written stories) that will be published online.
Selected interns should plan to be on-site for EIJ News Sept. 17-21. NAJA members should apply online using the digital form here: http://www.spj.org/eijnews.asp.
NAJ Fellows provide:
- Energy, talent, great ideas and a good attitude
- Complimentary convention registration
- Transportation costs, including airfare to New Orleans
- Complimentary accommodations at convention hotel (four nights will be covered and interns will be paired with another intern for rooming purposes).
- All meals
- Mentoring by professional journalists
- Networking venues
- A place to showcase your talents in front of many professionals
Collegiate multimedia journalists are invited to apply for these select positions. Please note that applications without a résumé, cover letter and samples will not be considered.
Applications are due May 20, midnight ET.
Native American Journalists Association
Original Publish Date: 2016-05-17 00:00:00