During the 2022 Tzi Sho Session, the Eighth Osage Nation Congress voted to confirm several individuals for serving on the Nation’s boards and commissions.
The following individuals, appointed to by Principal Chief Geoffrey Standing Bear, received confirmation votes to serve on the respective boards and commissions.
- Former ON Congressman James Norris is reappointed to the Veterans Memorial Commission following a unanimous vote. An Army veteran, Norris is confirmed to serve a three-year term.
- Former Osage Minerals Councilwoman Marsha Harlan is reappointed to serve a second term on the Gaming Commission Board. She received 11 “yes” votes and one abstention from Congressman John Maker to serve a three-year term.
- Richard Perrier is reappointed to the Osage Limited Liability Company (LLC) Board for a second term following a unanimous vote for a three-year term.
- Nicki Lorenzo is a reappointment to the Nation’s Home Health Board following a unanimous vote for a three-year term.
- Beverly Brownfield, Teresa Rutherford and Rhonda Wallace are appointments to the Nation’s Tax Commission Board. All three served on the former Tax Commission Advisory Board but will serve on the re-established Tax Commission following the passage of bill ONCA 22-103 (sponsored by Congresswoman Jodie Revard), which is “An Act to amend (Osage law) to change the structure of the Tax Commission back to a five-person commission.”
Wallace received 10 “yes” votes and one “no” from Congresswoman Brandy Lemon. Congressman Billy Keene was absent at the time of the Sept. 27 vote. She will serve a three-year term.
Brownfield received 10 “yes” votes, one “no” from Lemon that day with Keene being absent. She will serve a two-year term.
Rutherford received 10 “yes” votes and one “no” from Lemon that day with Keene being absent. She will serve a one-year term.
For more Congressional session information and to view filed legislation, go online to: www.osagenation-nsn.gov/who-we-are/legislative-branch