With the 2017 Tzi-Zho Session nearing the halfway mark, the Fifth Osage Nation Congress continues to hold committee meetings to initially consider 2018 fiscal year budgets for the Nation’s government operations.
Several budget bills for the Nation’s three government branches, independent entities, boards and commissions and direct service funds are now filed and being considered for possible amendments and action by the Congress. According to the Congressional office, the following FY 2018 budget bills and appropriation requests are now being considered:
– ONCA 17-72 (sponsored by Congresswoman Shannon Edwards) is a $9.1 million appropriation to replenish the Health Benefit Plan Fund for FY 2018.
– ONCA 17-73 (Edwards) is an $8.1 million appropriation to replenish the Nation’s Higher Education Scholarship Fund.
– ONCA 17-74 (Edwards) is a $450,000 appropriation to replenish the Nation’s Burial Assistance Fund.
– ONCA 17-97 (Congresswoman Maria Whitehorn): A $511,558 appropriation bill for the Judicial Branch.
– ONCA 17-98 (Whitehorn): A $2.4 million appropriation bill for the Legislative Branch.
– ONCA 17-99 (Whitehorn): A $61.4 million appropriation bill for the Executive Branch.
– ONCA 17-100 (Whitehorn): A $1.2 million appropriation to complete payment of the Campus Master Plan loan for the Nation’s Welcome Center and Law Building.
– ONCA 17-101 (Whitehorn): A $1.4 million appropriation for the Office of Attorney General.
– ONCA 17-102 (Whitehorn): A $597,000 appropriation for the Nation’s Capital Asset and Improvement Fund.
– ONCA 17-103 (Whitehorn): A $500,739 appropriation to the Osage Press, the Osage News ($478,849) and the Osage Nation Editorial Board ($21,890).
– ONCA 17-104 (Whitehorn): An $84,500 appropriation for cultural donations.
– ONCA 17-105 (Whitehorn): A $352,198 appropriation to carry out the purpose of the Nation’s Pay for Performance Act to award FY 2018 merit pay to eligible ON government employees.
The Congress will next meet at 5 p.m. on Monday Sept. 18 at the former First National Bank Building due to the Topping Off Ceremony of the new Osage Casino and Hotel in Tulsa, which is currently under construction.
For session information, Congressional meeting notices and agendas for sessions and committee meetings, check the online Legislative Branch calendar at: www.osagenation-nsn.gov/who-we-are/congress-legislative-branch/calendar
Original Publish Date: 2017-09-15 00:00:00