During the 2014 Tzi-Zho Session, the Fourth Osage Nation Congress confirmed 13 people to several boards, commissions and the Supreme Court.
The Congress voted to confirm the 13 individuals after hearing from the various Congressional Committees that all candidates received initial recommendations of being qualified for the positions they were selected for. Per ON Constitution, Principal Chief Geoffrey Standing Bear selected the appointments, which are then subject to review by the Congress and its committees before a floor vote for confirmation status.
The ON Congress voted unanimously or by majority to confirm the following individuals:
- Elizabeth Homer and Drew Pierce as ON Supreme Court Associate Justices.
- Marsha Harlan and Jeanine Logan for the three-person ON Gaming Commission.
- Dawn Pratt Harrington and John “Trey” Goldesberry III for the ON Gaming Enterprise Board.
- Nancy Pillsbury Shirley for the ON Foundation Board.
- Belle Renee Wilson for the ON Election Board.
The ON Congress confirmed Norman Akers, George Shannon, Jerry Shaw and Mary “Liz” Ricketts to the Traditional Cultural Advisors Committee.
Congress confirmed Chuck Tillman to the Grayhorse Indian Village Five-Man Board.
Original Publish Date: 2014-10-01 00:00:00