The Osage Nation Tax Commission is announcing new updated processes for Osage tribal members interested in registering their vehicles with the Nation to receive tribal tags.
In a news release, the Tax Commission stated the updated process is intended to protect tribal members’ identity and property.
“All new/initial vehicle title registrations must be completed in person. The risk of titles being lost in the mail has increased, which can put members at risk for identity fraud and disruption in vehicle ownership,” according to the Tax Commission, which released the following new registration process.
New/Initial Vehicle Registration Process
The Tax Commission Office is in the ON Welcome Center at 239 W 12th St. in Pawhuska. Appointments are not required, but please call (918) 287-5393 to confirm the office is open and that you have all the required documents.
Required Vehicle Registration Documents
- New Vehicle Registration form signed and notarized by the Osage tribal member.
- Original Title Document (we do not accept copies or certified copies of titles)
- Any/all additional paperwork that came with the title, such as an Odometer Reading, Bill of Sale, Lien Release, or Lien Entry.
- A copy of the Osage tribal member’s Oklahoma Driver’s License
- A copy of the Osage tribal member’s Membership Card (not a CDIB card)
- A current copy of the Insurance for the Vehicle
*Rate Change: All new/initial vehicle registration fees will be calculated by the vehicle’s bill of sale and a 1.25% rate.
* Vehicle Title Renewals: Title renewals will continue to be accepted through the mail or in person.
- Renewal Mailing Fee: $5.00
- Plate Mailing Fee: $20.00 (certified mail only)
Osage Nation Tax Commission forms and contact information can be found at www.osagenation-nsn.gov/services/tax-commission
ON Tax Commission operating hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Mailing Address: 627 Grandview Avenue, Pawhuska, OK 74056;
- Physical Address: 239 W 12th St, Pawhuska.
Call (918) 287-5393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.