With no challenges or recount requests filed, the Wahzhazhe Elections Board certified the 2022 Primary Election results as announced on April 4.
On April 12, Election Supervisor Alexis Rencountre told the board there were no challenges or recount requests by the April 8 deadline. Afterward, board members Shannon Lockett, Terry Hazen and acting board member Anita Fields voted unanimously to certify the April 4 Primary Election results.
In the Principal Chief race, incumbent Geoffrey Standing Bear received 52.61% (1,050) of the votes and Joe Tillman, a current Congressman, received 37.12% (741). Both will appear on the June 6 General Election ballot for voters’ consideration.
For the Assistant Principal Chief race, RJ Walker, also a current Congressman, received 65.7% (1,272) of the votes and Thomas Trumbly received 18.08% (350). They will also appear on the June 6 General Election ballot along with the two Principal Chief candidates, 13 candidates for ON Congress and four ON Judicial Branch judges up for retention votes.
The primary election results also note:
- A total of 2,001 ballots were received and counted from absentee, two early voting days and Election Day voting.
- The 2,001 Osages whose ballots were counted represent 11.47% of 17,449 Osages who were eligible to vote at the time of the primary election.
- On Election Day, 510 Osages voted in person, according to Rencountre.
- During early voting, 135 Osages voted on Day 1 and 83 voted on Day 2.
- A total of 1,273 absentee ballots were received by Primary Election Day and counted.
- According to Rencountre, a total of 2,788 absentee ballot requests forms were received to vote in the Primary Election by the February deadline.
The Wahzhazhe Elections Office toll-free number is (877) 560-5286 and the email address is email@example.com for election-related inquiries and for more information.
Voter forms, including absentee ballot requests, can be downloaded for print from the Wahzhazhe Elections Office website at: https://www.osagenation-nsn.gov/services/elections/voter-information